Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Regency

I haven't written in some time.  I am ashamed, guilty and morbidly delinquent.  There is NO Excuse.

Drafts of Compositions have accumulated at an alarming rate.  Days pass with deliberate debilitation, the result of a private disquietude beget by a malicious Inferiority that has plagued me since College.

I have claimed Responsibility for the Covid-19 Pandemic.  The Universe is a Strange Place and I am no "Stranger In Its Strange Land".  How many times have your read from my "Pen" >  "What the World NEEDS is a Universal "Cease Fire", Time to let the Smoke clear, and the Dust settle >>  Time to take the Wounded from the Battle Field, Time to Feed the Hungry, Care for the Children >> Time to get at least ONE Night of uninterrupted SLUMBER.'  [?] 

How I have DREAMED for the Battle Crazed and War Obsessed to 'come to their Senses' which in Reality are OUR "Senses" not the least of which is "Common Sense". 

There was no "Way", no "Mechanism of the Imagination" that could have been revealed to me that would, like a Magic Wand, impose a "The Day The Earth Stood Still" Apocalypse.

Yet here we are, on the cusp of a Global Standstill.

No comments:

Post a Comment