Sunday, June 16, 2024

Aesop's Fables

                              I awoke to myself reciting a line from this morning's Efforts .   The Universe-----again .

              Some time ago the thought 'arrived' that I could harness the I Ching to Aesop in order to produce a text that would supply adult readers with the ancient Chinese Wisdom [and its Bounty], so they could 'get' Something from Aesop's "Bottom Lines" .   One of Aesop's  (pronounced E-SOW) stories would be followed by an I Ching (pronounced "Yee Jing")  Commentary that would locate the Position of the Story as one of the I Ching's  64 Hexagrams .   

               At first I thought >>> WHAT A GREAT FUCKING IDEA--- but it didn't take long for "Daunt" to arrive as well .   Who (the fuck) has even HEARD of the I Ching let alone read its Contents ?  

               My "Modern Novels" Professor and Chairman of the U.Conn. English Department, Dr. Moynahan,,  `told` me my shit was good enough but that I had-ta "create" my own Audience .  Dr. Ken Ring, my Psychology Professor `told` me that it was the job of Modern Writers to >adjust< the ancient stories in order to make them  Relevant to contemporary readers .   

               I mean with such a laudable Aim, what could possibly go rwong* ??

               

No comments:

Post a Comment