Saturday, September 21, 2024

Hang glider

                             In the ancient of "Olden Days" we wood refer to one another as "burnt out", "toasted", "roasted", and my personal fav, "crispy critter" .   I'm 'there' on all of them, except for those where I am not .   

              Some time ago a re-read Hesse's The Steppenwolf  which has come to be some-sort* of Manual for middle-aged liberal-minded gentlemen who have a steadfast predilection for German Philosophy and Literature .   I mean, there were Problems but there are ALWAYS Problems when Analysis activates Penetration .   I wondered what happened AFTER Hermine warned Harry Haller [HH = Herman Hesse HH} that his Life COULD be transformed if he were willing to risk the Present for a Better {Greater} Future .    Hesse did NOT write a sequel ---probably for good reason .   

              Still, he left us hangin


                                                     g.

No comments:

Post a Comment