Saturday, September 7, 2024

Wagging the Tale

                              It's  no  longer  EZ  to  get  words  up  and  unto this screen , obviously the Effect of Old Age .   It's tuff to take .   Some time ago I figured I cood* connect* Aesop to Modern Day Psycholics* in an Effort to somehow restore his "lessons" to Present Day Story-telling, Folktale-ing* and of course Fable-ing* .   What I thought to be a "Salvage Operation" 'turned-out' to be an exercise in Patience ---  I have yet to find the proper social context with which to insert Aesop's Wisdom .   Aesop's use of anthropomorphism, which was {and perhaps always has been} acceptable as Technique, now appears UN-acceptable .   Re-writing his Fables and Tales to maintain [his] use of Anthropomorphism is MORE-THAN any mere Challenge , despite TV's cartoons .   Plus, much to my dismay {concern} , his "Lessons" do NOT conform to the context in which they are supplied .   I WANT to blame Translation, but THAT is an "EZ way out" {of the bind} .   I have always considered Stories, Tales and Fables as "in my Wheel House" so you can see the Problem --- I'm glad YOU can cuz* I haven't a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment