Wednesday, June 17, 2020

..."just good volts"...

I spent yesterday morning wrestling a square peg into a round hole.  I gotta be honest with Yas, it looked like it would fit.  Thing is, it was between 600 and eight hundred pounds and a 'tweener', i.e., too BIG to use a Johnson Bar, ( a 5 foot pry bar), too small ( I thought) to dig out the Rigging Gear just to move it 2 feet.  I called upon an automobile screw jack, to satisfy, "Push comes to Shove" and in THAT procedure committed the gravest of Sins, I CHEATED and used ELECTRICITY in the form of a battery powered Drill.  I confess, I felt GUILTY, Guilty with CHARGE since the Screw Jack, when supplied with so much Juice, 'worked' "like MAGIC".  It made me delirious but NOT in a 'good' way, in a way, instead, of heinous, most gratuitous, self-Indulgence.  I used a half inch boring bit with the drill to turn the screw that raises the ram that pushes the rock to miraculous heights.  I was DRUNK with 12 Volt POWER !!!!! 

"Power corrupts".

No comments:

Post a Comment