Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Mrs. Cowden

Even BEFORE trump got elected I warned you Gize that once elected trump would catastrophe a New Dark Ages.  So it has come to pass, Its latest manifestation that of a "pending" Impeachment Debacle.  I must confess, I had but ONE "American History" Class while at U.Conn.  American History AINT my strength by a l---o---n---g shot.  However, Mrs. Cowden's Focus was on Andrew Jackson, a famously NOTORIOUS Asshole.  She had just written and had published her book on Slavery In America,  and along with Marvin Meyers' The Jacksonian Persuasion , her classes were riveting if not flat out enthralling.  Full classroom every class, she was THAT good. The point being at least I had SOME contact / familiarity with Asshole-As-President.  Oddly, it was from Mrs.Cowden, I learned the function and duties of the Congressional "Master At Arms",  the "Sheriff" who is SUPPOSE to be the L----O-----N-----G Arm of the Law.  I don't recall WHY . 





No comments:

Post a Comment