Sunday, April 23, 2023

Floored*

                     There is an "it" that "happens all the time".    Dave Brescia, John Souza and I were hammering roof rafters into place, while standing on 2nd floor [floor] joists.   I spoke up---"I LOVE this geometry".  John returned, "There ain't no Geometry up here".   I exploded, "THERE'S NOTHING BUT GEOMETRY UP HERE ---EACH RAFTER IS A LINE, EVERY CONNECTION AN ANGLE  !!"  Both MASTERS remained Silent----I shook my head in disbelief .

          How did the NOT "Know" ??? !!!!

          The thyng* is this :   You can  BE a Master and NOT `know` ANY Philosophy or Foundational Exactions*.  2 words :  "IT" doesn't matter, the Proof of Capability resides in the Execution of Principles that DO NOT HAVE TO BE NAMED or even Understood .  Certainly Carpentry 'involves' its own  Physics and Geometry but these THESE need not be explainable --- "We" KNOW they Work .  So it is True with Martial Arts as well .  Another thyng is this, 'It' aint enough.

          

          

          

No comments:

Post a Comment