Saturday, October 5, 2019

You Are Hy

That's the gag for U. R. I., the University of Rhode Island.  We were Hy one time running over the the turf at the outer border of campus, the stars like headlights, the air   soil sweet and intoxicating. 

Nothing sez "It's Winter" like returning to URI's Natatorium to see if  IT is where I'm gonna seize-up and drown.  I'm just like you Kidz, the ONLY way to leave the deck is by racing dive and 50 yards of Butterfly.  I figured, if I had to drown, it may as well be because I DIDN'T care about my pathetically weakened condition--image is everything.  "He drowned by trying to be a Water-Butterfly". 

Before I was Radiated I could warm-up with a 200 IM, that's swim code for "Individual Medley" 50 yards of Fly, 50 yds of Backstroke, 50 yds of Breast and 50 of the Australian Crawl.  I could-a been timed with a stopwatch, but this last time I needed a calendar.  Here's my Time =  5 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes and 4 tenths.  But that aint the point.

The Point is this >=<  As soon as I broke the surface MY BODY REMEMBERED.  It, this mechanical remembrance, is correctly referred to as "Muscle Memory".  All those thousands of MILES in High School and College turned me into a Mer-Man, a Natadore.  In short, I will ALWAYS be able to swim an IM.  I find that seriously interesting.

That same "message" is for US.  The Whistle Blower Blew us into Muscle Memory, the One that REMEMBERS what Corruption Free Government MEANT and also that Corruption Free Government was, at its Core, GOOD !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment