Saturday, December 1, 2018

Horton hears a WHO

Many of us are quite familiar with the colloquialism "pound some sense into" as in "All I wanted to do was grab him by his throat and pound some sense into him".  I'm like, hard-pressed to understand HOW "Sense" is "pounded" "into" somebody's FACE.

Maybe it's because the face is as close as we can get to his brain, which also makes  no sense.  I LOVE using the IMAGE of grabbing someone by his throat and beating his face into a bloody PULP because it soothes me, like, relentlessly.  For some of us, abject physical violence IS a guarantee of MENTAL "Relief".   It's why I hit the speed bags and kick my heavies.  After I release Energy I FEEL better.  The bags and the training are DESIGNED to take a beating.  I'm certainly NOT pounding any "Sense" into them so much as I am pounding "Sense" into ME.  Funny how that works.

So yesterday the Universe saw fit to "pound some sense" into me by pushing an 82 X 48 inch 2 x 6 DECK onto my head.  That's why I needed the 5, count 'em, F-I-V-E staples and the CAT SCAN.  Apparently the Universe HAD sent me Some Knowledge that I had steadfastly and obsequiously REJECTED.  I told you Kidz, I'm a fucking Know-It-All, so Who did the Universe thing it was to send ME shit I was gonna ignore, like, ANYWAY ? ? ?!!!!! 

Well I'll tell you   MIGHTY,  BIG and AWE-FULLY POWER-FULL, that's Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment