Saturday, December 1, 2018

"Whaddya got --- a hair across your ass ?"

I mean, as a writer, you are ALWAYS on the search for deliverable accents, those items that add texture, richness and FLAVOR to otherwise anti-droll, mundane and BORING text, the kind that DEADENS reader interest.  I could type, "I was obsessed with the urgency of the task, OR I could use, "It's like I had a hair across my as to get that goddamn shed put together".  A  hair across your ass-HOLE is more correct --there's that disgusting level of personal intimacy that "grosses-out" EVERYBODY and THAT'S what you should be lookin' to do 'cuz THAT gets and KEEPS your readers' attention. 

THAT'S what I had yesterday, a hair across my ass.  I felt URGENCY to get the min-storage unit assembled and I chose to IGNORE my "Gut Feelings" that "Today is NO day to work because you just had eye surgery and you should be INSIDE resting and recovering LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON !" 

If only it were "Just That".

It was more SOOOOOOO Much More.

No comments:

Post a Comment