Saturday, December 15, 2018

Super Chisel

Now I COULD hand sharpen the chain but I have hand sharpened it a few several times and now I gotta remove it and put it on my "Jolly" Mini machine.  That "machine"  is Fast & Strong, but it's gratingly shrill,, it tears micro-fibers off your brain,,, and sears the hide-lining off your inner ear.  Really it's thrilling in a grotesque sorta delightful way.  The Jolly Mini evens the saw teeth and returns the so-called "angle of attack" back to Factory Issue.  It make me delirious.

What you WANT a saw to do is "PULL you into the cut".  THEN, and only Then, do you KNOW that it is as sharp as it can be ---- spending time inside a cut is maddening, ESPECIALLY for some asshole like me,, who is fucking LAZY.

But I digress :   the Point is something about "Boot Strap Operation".  A "Boot Strap Operation" is when you want to do tree work but instead of just getting out the saws you need, you gotta do 15 HUNDRED other things FIRST.  It makes a job set up ridiculously excruciating. 

But that aint the Point either....





No comments:

Post a Comment