Thursday, March 14, 2024

BLINDING Glacial Speed or Plumb and Plumber

                              It took all day to move a ton-and-a-half boulder 3 fucking feet .   "All day" in Retirement terms is roughly 6 hours .  I was working at the `speed` of a glacier .   

            Yesterday I had to set a new post for the garden fence .  I dreaded it .   Post-hole-diggers demand shoulder fitness and upper-back stability -- I'm old so ~~~~~ .   THAT effort took me only TH R EE hours but I paid the price for that kind of "light speed" .   Besides post-hole-ing I had to pack the soil to compress it--- so I had to use a cold-roll steel bar to optimize point-of-impact compression .  Again, it's  the 'shoulders thing" .   I thought {for sure} I wouldn't last even ONE hour at the "come-along" [Puller] . 

            I used a 2-sided fence-post level which aided in the Process .  In the past I had only a 'reg-lar' level and using THAT is time consuming .  You want it "straight and true" "Plumb" on both sides . 

            Plumb -----------------  funny word .   How did 'plumb' get into Plumber ???????  

No comments:

Post a Comment