Saturday, September 28, 2019

Dredge

It may be that I will NEVER be able to rite a book.  It may be that a "book" will consist of a compilation or anthology of various "twitter" "columns", poems and blogs.  So be it.  I don't know if I am capable, in the "traditional" sense, to actually hack out a book, mainly because of the Gallogly  "No Moves No Talent"  Paradigm I briefed in this morning's Twitter column.   No matter.  I still carry the banner of Zen and Buddhism in general, for ALL the Righteous and seriously GOOD Intentions.  I mean well.

I don't know if EVERY English Lit. Major should write a book.  I mean, why ?  I started a book on Quotations, one on Buddhist Numbers, and my autobiography.  The effort was illuminating, fun even, but it soon bogged down to a tedium that bordered on rote drudgery.  It wasn't until the other day, (or it cooda-ben 5 years ago) that I discovered those efforts in files scattered through-out the cabinets.  I re-read most of the work, none of my auto, and the quotes were "self-evidently" very good.  They heartened me.

Today I'm "letting go" some work I executed in order to apply for U. Conn.'s "Teacher Certification Program."  I consider it some of my best "work" because I was forced to distill my Life into words.

Bear with me, please


No comments:

Post a Comment