Saturday, September 28, 2019

Ring around the Prose

During the four years at the university I was fortunate to be exposed to some phenomenal educators, among them, Dr. Langer, Dr. Moynihan, Dr. Boer, Dr. Bee, Dr. Butler and Dr. Ring.  These professors kindled in me the desire to emulate their love for their subjects and their uncanny ability to make each class intensely interesting.  Dr. Langer once told us he felt a particular "excitement in education".  The qualities these professors exuded I sought to develop in myself.

The man who dominated my life was Dr. Ken Ring.  I was struggling to find a value system and it was Dr, Ken Ring who provided the guidance.  He exposed me to the "inward journey" and told me to go as far as I could.  He supported me in every conceivable manner.  The studies I completed (which included Hermann Hesse, Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, Joseph Campbell to name a few) and the value system I finally accepted, was possible only because of my contact with him and his scholarly wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment