Saturday, September 14, 2019

Squeeze Pray

I got an assignment to work a "Spanish" semi-fast pitch men's softball double-header.  They all spoke The Spanish and with a name like DeSilva I figured there wouldn't be a problem.

Now I COULD describe the setting in the usual Steve DeSilva hype, making the Scene a GRANDIOSE EXTRAVAGANZA of Fiesta Debilitating Fragrance-Taste of Site, Sound and SMELLS, the Vendors cooking on automobile rims with home-made grates, COLOR everywhere, as if Hallucination was a GOD almost as HUGE as my God, GOD Zilla, but I won't because that aint the Point of this Blog. 

I called the Team Managers to Home Plate to go over the Ground Rules.  When the Home Team took the Field I threw the ball out to the pitcher who took one look and threw it back to his catcher while stating, "This ain't the Right Ball."

His Manager screamed "TIME OUT".  I was startled, I gotta confess.  I signaled the Visitor's Manager to come to the mound as well since HE had provided the balls as was his obligation.

I asked, "What the problem ?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment