Saturday, September 28, 2019

...end of Personal Development...

Once my Instructors' Course was completed I began an intellectual study of Zen.  I traced its course from the Buddha, its contact  with the Tao of Ancient China and its subsequent transformation to Zen, and spread of  Zen to Korea and Japan.

I am currently in communication with Zen Master Seung Sahn, my Sword Master's Master, in an informal practice of Kong-an and Dharma Combat training.

The last three years as swim coach for the Cumberland-Lincoln Boys' Club  has helped me see that I am fully capable of being an excellent educator.  I have tried to demonstrate and instill in my swimmers all of the greater qualities I have been exposed to in the past eleven years.  I have sought to  make them responsible to themselves, their teammates, their families, and their communities.  I demanded and obtained correct conduct in practice and meets.  I have tried to develop in them the qualities and virtues our society rewards and values, specifically, honesty, patience, respect and discipline.

"...But wait there's more..."

No comments:

Post a Comment