Wednesday, July 22, 2026

"...beset by enmity..."

                                                           War IS ---> Suffering, and I am loathe to admit that writing about War is also Suffering .   Writing as the EXPRESSION of Suffering, I mean UN-Holy Shit---anyone see THAT coming ?   I don't like it, not one bit .

                          My Hero and Lifetime Paradigm is Hermann Hesse who wrote If the War goes On... between 1914 and 1917 . What follows is his opening statement in the Foreword to the 1946 Edition =

                 

                                         "Compiling THIS BOOK has not been a happy task for the author .  It has not awakened pleasant memories or recalled welcome images .  On the contrary, every single article reminded me painfully of times of suffering, struggle and loneliness, times in which I was beset by enmity and incomprehension and bitterly cut off from pleasurable ideals and pleasant habits ."


                          "...beset by enmity"   that's me, I am THAT .

No comments:

Post a Comment