Thursday, July 23, 2026

War Stories

                                                           I am not prepared to review the entire Odyssey but I find it necessary to inform my Gentle Readers that when "The West" introduced Homer's Iliad and Odyssey to the Nations of Islam and Arabic speaking countries as well, Homer's Works were NOT received with ANY enthusiasm, indeed, some Scholars argue  that they were, in fact, REJECTED .    Now you wanna figure that because the Arabic Speakers used the 'Language' of POETRY to record History, they would be ELATED by Homer's Works ---  no such luck .   Why does their rejection of Homer matter ?

                             "... for Better AND for Worse",  I'm-gonna equate  The Art of War with The Iliad .   Both can be viewed as "Manuals of Instruction", in that, men learn the nature of Warfare by Reading and then assimilating the Concepts and Ideology of great Men and HOW  THEY conducted themselves On and OFF the Fields of Battle .   Muslims and Arabic Speakers didn't give a shit .   Here it is where Western Ideation was NOT assimilated into the Muslim and Arabic Speakers Psyche ,   they were Different and they STAYED  Different .    Hello recent "talks" to begin the Cessation of Conflict, and their abject FAILURE.

                            I must leave this consideration here, and return to this morning's topic ;  Odysseus as Hero .

No comments:

Post a Comment