Thursday, July 30, 2026

Dour Power

                                                           I am hard-pressed NOT to add 'mean spirited' to the definition of dour, it may be `off ` in that being dour MAY lead to being 'mean spirited' which is just a short step to being Cruel .    To claim that trump is being "Mean Spirited" is to recognize that HITLER was also "Mean Spirited", an observation both HEINOUS and GROTESQUE .  Yet I FEEL that my own Spirit IS AFFECTED by being Dour, that my Spirit DOES indeed become Mean, a Mean-ness I inflict on my Self because of my own inability to INSTANTANEOUSLY  remove the Condition of Dour from my Presence here at this desk, before my screen.    This question just arrived, How can I USE my Dour ?

                                 Is to be dour to be Cynical ?   Definition of Cynic =  "a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons."   Further :  "a member of a School of Ancient Greek Philosophers, founded by Antisthenes,  marked by an ostentatious contempt for ease and pleasure" .   My Membership is MORE than Valid .

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment