Thursday, July 23, 2026

"Nobody did this to me"

                                                           I can't resist, I'm like trump on the stage of the World Cup .   I MUST recount  my favorite Exploit of Odysseus, because, generally, most folks have already been introduced to it .

                              Polyphemus (pronounced  po-LEE-fih-muss) was furious that Odysseus and his crew had tried to steal his foodstuffs and was set to DEVOUR Odysseus and his entire crew .   Odysseus ignited the tip of his spear and threw it at Polyphemus'  good and ONLY eye .   He SCREAMED in PAIN and demanded Odysseus's name .   Odysseus didn't miss a beat and called out I am "NOBODY" .

                            Odysseus returned to his ship and Polyphemus went to his father Poseidon, and BEGGED him for redress .   Poseidon aske "Who did this to you ?"   Polyphemus was HONEST and returned >NOBODY, did this to me"   Poseidon was skeptical, "NOBODY" did this ?  Polyphemus was sent away in disgrace and humiliation, UNBELIEVED by his own Dad .  

                           Odysseus   =    the DEFINITION of "Being able to think on your feet" .

                           How GREAT is Odysseus ???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment