Thursday, July 30, 2026

Dour Straits

                                                           I overslept a whole hour and got out of bed at 5'oclock.   I stood up--something wasn't "rite"*.  I took a few steps toward the toilet room, nothing bad there .  I settled into "Chairy-Chair" and did my Recitations, they were cloudy with emotions I couldn't ' put my finger on' .....  Moments of blankness* and then "Dour" arrived .  That was it --->  I was dour ~~~ and then this gag arrived mini-seconds later =  I was in (get this)  DOUR Straits .   I gotta tell ya, I LOVE and HATE myself at the exact same time .  

                          I had a 'sense' about the meaning of dour, but I had to resort to a dictionary =   "relentlessly severe, stern, or gloomy in manner or appearance"---good but not enough to satisfy my interest .   Origin of dour =  from the Middle English probably Scottish Gaelic = "dull, obstinate, STUPID" .   THAT made me feel better .  {{{I LOVE Etymology}}} .

                         This morning's Consideration was suppose-to-be >Communism< , and the use of the Word Communism as a Weapon to "beat on" Liberals, Progressives, Dumbocrats {{{ I devised that word months ago}}} who have insisted that what the Country needs is Socialist Democracy [Democratic Socialism] .

                         I wuz-gonna* rely on what was in my Head, rather than provide some sort of Academic Critical Evaluation, which would have been a s---t---r---e---t---c---h, in that the only Communism I studied was tangential to my Western Civ. Studies .   I knew my knowledge was scant and I was uncomfortable to deliver information based only on "vapors" and "whisps" ~~~   Which then begged the Question --->  Why was I so fucking DOUR ???

No comments:

Post a Comment