Tuesday, July 28, 2026

The so-called "Fourth Estate"

                                                           By now many of us here in America have seen clips of the White House Correspondents Dinner/ Gala as well as posts from concerned Citizens on 'face-book' and more broadly various platforms of the Internet .   That was last Friday Night .   I waited until Monday because I wanted to hear from Nicole Wallace and get her assessment before I wrote anything .   She did NOT Disappoint, and she did, in fact, devote a substantial part of her first hour in Discussion of trump's "remarks" and "jokes" .   Still........... I had to "sleep on it", which I did, and when I got downstairs and entered my 'Cave' I was certain I had something of value to write ~~~~~~~~~~ but I got stalled {         }.  

                         Wallace asked the most poignant Question, "Why don't the reporters and correspondents defend one another when trump attacks them so viciously ?"  On the Street :  Why don't they 'stand-up' for each other ???   But it was her guest Mark Elias who asked the BURNING Question, "Why have the event AT ALL ?????

                         You'd think that under the present circumstances {and here >circumstances< is being blindly GENEROUS} that the Journalism sub-culture would CANCEL their Celebration of the First Amendment because trump,  a KILLER of "Free Speech" and PROPONENT of "Book Banning" managed to  INVITE HIMSELF  to the Event, a something you'd figure to be  UNACCEPTABLE  to that sub-culture .   But no, you'd have to think again .

No comments:

Post a Comment