Thursday, July 23, 2026

Odysseus

                                                           The American Film Industry has brought Homer's Odyssey to the "BIG Screen" .   Now I don't remember turning into  a Butterfly to "cause" This, but that doesn't mean I haven't or hadn't .   Dare I take credit for this Film ?  I mean SERIOUSLY ????   Yup--- I'm gonna .   If trump can flap his wings to generate a War, why can't I flap mine and generate the Odyssey ?   

                           I know what You are Thinking---if I can flap my wings to produce a Film why can't I flap my wings to produce Peace in the Middle East ?    Good question .

                           We live in a Time devoid of RECOGNIZABLE Heroes .  There is no one to "look up to", to emulate, to cherish as Paradigm .   "Mainstays" like Jesus have been ruthlessly abducted, and perhaps PERVERTED is far more precise .   It isn't as if Jesus Failed, so much as WE Failed Jesus .   Either Way, Jesus as Paradigm cannot be Trusted in the Sense that HIS Message has been delivered using abject Cruelty as a Mechanism,  Agency or Vehicle .    According to the Right, Jesus HATES .   "IT" 's   Sickening .

                          It ain't like I ever had the Thought, "What would Odysseus do?"  but there IS an Essence of Odyssian* Sensibility that DOES, indeed, dominate my >every day< existence .   I have attached a Mystical >>Pragmatism<< to Odysseus, a Pragmatism that finds Compliment to Zen and ITS Practical Application(s) .   Odysseus as Zen Master ???           Yup   I can live with that .

No comments:

Post a Comment