I have been accused of "Ancestor Worship" because of my use of Ancient Texts and quotes from Ancient Masters and Venerable Sages . "Worship" is such a STRONG word, and I reject its use to describe me and my Sentiments {to be Senti-MENTAL} . I was introduced to the I Ching via Herr Hermann Hesse and his Magister Ludi, a text that won him the Nobel Peace Prize in Literature . Reading and then Studying the I Ching transFORMED me . I GUARANTEE that if my Gentle Readers read the I Ching, they, too, will be transformed .
There are problems, of course, but there are ALWAYS Problems and these must be addressed if Understanding is to be planted and its fruits harvested . I have two Translations of the I Ching, one by James Legge and the other by the German Scholar Richard Wilhelm and the PHENOMENAL American Translator, Cary F. Baynes . Of these Two the translation by Wilhelm/Baynes is TRUEST to the Ancient Chinese [the I Ching was written and compiled between the 10th and 9th centuries BCE] . Legge's Version is INTENSE as it provides DYNAMIC Scholarship that is sometimes {most times} esoteric and therefore requires an EXTENSIVE amount of Background Familiarity . However, make no mistake, the Wilhelm/Baynes Translation is CLASSIC Chinese oriented, the use of Images and (get this) POETRY can be deemed inscrutable, and it IS --> Inscrutable until you commit to its Understanding by TAKING TIME to let the texts "Sink In" to your Sub-conscious and then your UN-Conscious where it will find AFFINITY as a Manifestation of the "Collective Unconscious" .
No comments:
Post a Comment