Monday, January 7, 2019

"Something under the bed is drooling"

I had a Student who the Other Teachers fear-ed.  He was purported to be Autistic and therefore a Challenge.  I mean, he was certainly "exceptional" but his kind of Autism was MY kind of Autism and so I WANTED to be acknowledged by him.  Here's the Deal with that = = = ... .  His Classmates acknowledged his "Exceptionality",  they didn't fuck with him when he got up and moved about the room and looked over their shoulders which caught me "off guard".  His classmates were comfortable with his Presence even though he cocooned them in his Energy Vortex of WTF.  It was some sort of Inter-Dimensional Miracle. 

Listen Kids-- He had those "Far-Away Eyes" that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards lyric-ed.  He deflected Direction somehow,  he used his ENERGY not his Vision as Diffusion --- I didn't know anybody could DO that.  I wanted that, I wanted to be IN with him.

I decided to speak to him in Spanish.  You read that rite.  It WEIRDED-out his Classmates but I got him to SMILE. 

That was IT ---  I was IN.

One day as he passed me in the corridor -- I felt a something get placed into my hand.

It was "sticky note" on orange paper.

"Mr. Jones lives 50 miles away from you.  You both leave home at 5:00 and drive toward each other.  Mr Jones travels at 35 MPH and you travel at 40 MPH what time will you pass Mr. Jones on the road ?"

Beneath that was, underlined,    "Something under the bed is drooling".


Rock steady........steady as He goes....


No comments:

Post a Comment