Friday, April 12, 2024

"My Favorite Martian"

                              Matt Damon did a terrific 'job' in Ridley Scott's "The Martian" .    It is RARE that {un}common  >Ingenuity<  is elevated to VIRTUE in such Romantic GRANDEUR --- but both Ridley  and Matt TRANSCENDED  Standard Cinema Fare as they 'dealt with' first ABANDONMENT and then Martian SURVIVAL .  Here it is where Common Sense and Higher Order Reasoning were DEMANDED by Existing Conditions --- and where each and every Problem manifested as EXISTENTIAL CRISIS .

              Here it is where each and every task -- even the teeny-tiniest -- presented CALCULABLE Scientific Forensics and therefore HAD-TO be addressed with purely OBJECTIVE Rationality .  

              In my Instance --  I had to "get by "  the Emotional TRAUMA {HY-end DRAMA] -- the one wherein I HATE myself for NOT being able to solve what appeared to be an EZ problem,,,  I mean shit, "A FOUR year old" cooda* figured this one out"  After a few hours I NEEDED a 4 yr, old because I had come up with nothing less than "Deaf-Dumb and Blind- Ness*" .

              Zen Master Seung Sahn used to Teach, "It isn't enough to be stupid, you must be COMPLETELY Stupid."    I mean,,,,,, there's THAT .

              

No comments:

Post a Comment