Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Art of Pen and Sword

                              When I began my Retirement I could rwite* for 4 or five hours, eat a small lunch, rest,, and then get outdoors and do an hour or so of Sword .   "Nirvana" get us there .   Those Days are gone forever .   Bit by bit, piece by piece,, my Strength and WillingNess*  evaporated as foretold by Ancient Kung Fu Masters .   These days, simply rwiting for even three hours 'drains' me to such an extant that  a two hour 'siesta' is NOT enough to refuel me, that I may do Sword in an ACCEPTABLE 'Manner' . 

              Doing Sword at a Tai Chi rate is UN-Satisfactory and even half-speed is woe-fully UN-Fulfilling as is the notion :   "Some Sword is better than NO Sword."   

              At some point I can now not recall, I opted to model my Retirement after Zen and Sword Master Yamaoka Tesshu's "Sword of No Sword" which I deemed appropriate for my Physical and Mental Condition.   The Sword of No Sword is a recounting of the Life of Master Warrior Tesshu written by John Stevens .   It helped me define my Retirement Existence since not only was Zen Master Tesshu and X-Drunk, he was a Calligrapher of Empiric Renown .  Sword and Art  --->  I was there on THAT .

               

            

No comments:

Post a Comment