Saturday, February 9, 2019

...road kill thrill...

I awoke into full Consciousness at 2 a.m. EST (America) Earth Time.  The Universe was sending me Information ~~~ in my mind's background Huey Lewis and His News were doing, "Happy to Be Stuck On You".  I got out of bed wondering.  I listened to the Information as I went about Morning Set-Up.  "It" had to do with Romania and Italy, Global Migration and Its Cause.  I got my coffee, ignited the Remington Mini-Furnace and settled into "Chairy~Chair" to Receive as the ambient air temperature climbed out from only Polar Bearable. 

A way long time ago, after I'd completed Some Research and Some Study, I had the Notion that TV was a form of Jung's "Collective Unconscious", a Manifestation of Such.  The reason my theory seemed viable was because of Marshal McLuhan's The Media is the Message, The Gutenberg Galaxy, Understanding Media and Counterblast.  McLuhan argued that Roman Roads were a form of Civilization COMMUNICATION.  The Roads UNITED the Empire because upon them Empiric Information could be transmitted ALMOST effortlessly and in a RELATIVELY brief amount of time.  The Roads expedited Troop Movement as well, the Original Objective, so the Communication Aspect of Roads although seemingly ancillary, was somehow a manifestation of the Conceptor's Unconscious, or so I want to believe.

The Medium is the Message argued that the Technology that supplied TV was the BIG Thing, that the CONTENT of TV's Programing was only of SECONDARY Importance.  Remember how we FELT when we saw an airplane or jet ascend from the runway FOR THE FIRST TIME.  It's that kind of Cave-Man AWE that TV generates.

Only No One knew that TV was-gonna DOMINATE our Senses, that in these Modern Times some Folks leave their TV "ON" 24-7.  They can't live without its Presence.

Technology changed Humankind. 

TV was the new Roads of the Empire. 

Indeed, TV was the Communication that United the Electrified World.

No comments:

Post a Comment