Saturday, February 23, 2019

The University of Con Etiquette

I "make no bones" about being a GREEK Sophist.  One of my "I"s is from Athens, more precisely Ithaka, the Home of Odysseus.  Here I MUST apply the Rhetoric of Poetry if I am to gain advantage in the leveraging of Logic, Rationale and Common Sense, a something that appears as illusory delusion, but manifests in me as Influence, and greater still, as Persuasion.  The 6th tract of Santana's Self Titled is "Persuasion" and it has COMPELLING Power.  Such is the true nature of Persuasion, it COMPELLS.

One of my Boxing Heroes is Sean O'Grady former WBA World Champion.  He once defined Boxing as "Imposing YOUR Will upon your opponent".  Here is a parallel view of "Persuasion", and one that aids my use of Sophism.  Sophism itself can rankle as [verbal] "Con Job" and as a result can be received as criminal Rhetoric.  I aint-gonna deny it.  Truth CAN-BE "bent" and "twisted".  Consider the Jazz Mastery of Miles Davis who INSISTS on setting his Music to the key of  "What-the-FUCK ?" !!! ...a Key that Unlocks Emotion to release Vibrational SENSATION.  Here, Maestro Davis "BENDS" the notes of TRUTH so that they can deliver the Truth of Other Dimensions, Truth that Influences our Perception of Reality and ENHANCES the Texture and Richness of Life as EXPERIENCE.

I want THAT in my writing.  THAT'S why I "bend and twist" the "Truth", using Mythology to code Understanding, an Understanding that can lead to Comprehension.



No comments:

Post a Comment