Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Frailty

I was forced to suspend my efforts in Will Durant's The Reformation because I'd reached a passage that struck me as So Absurd that I could NOT continue.  Good Will had described the reigning Pope as (just) a man who had succumbed to normal Human Frailties, those of the 7 Deadly Sins, and, because of his "I'm just a Human Being", lived his Regency at the expense of his Devoted, Common and DECENT Folks whose Spiritual Efforts were laid at the feet and into the hands of Papal Criminal Authority.

I was instantly sickened.

I'm no angel, but this Spiritual Atrocity ravaged my Soul, the one that's connected to Jesus, the Christ.  What further complicated my dis-ease, was the manner in which Good Will hunted down the Causes of Criminality and then DISMISSED them as almost irrelevant.  It was like, "Boys will be boys" (so) Popes will be Popes.  It was a spear through my side.

It would be EZ to dismiss the vote of Professionals simply as Human Frailty, the wanton desire to gain "Advantage" by promoting one's self interest.  I am loath to that reconciliation.  "Looking out ONLY for one's self" is suppose to be considered irreligious, crass, lowly, base, crude and rude.  I see it as such, Others do NOT.

That's my problem, the Essence of Human Nature manifested in a SOCIAL Context.



No comments:

Post a Comment