Monday, September 10, 2018

Moby Dork II

I think I've used that title for another blog.  I can't help myself. You must forgive an old man.

For the longest time I actually BELIEVED my Contribution to Society would be a Moby Dick type of Map and Exercise Compendium for The Attainment of Manhood.
Our Society, Culture and Civilization does not REALLY have such a Textbook of Manhood. In the same way that Melville used Homerian Odyssey to unravel and reveal Ishmael and Ahab, I figured to write "about" the various Trades, and the Men who have mastered them, in MY highly personal effort, to provide the Inner Workings and Cosmic Mechanisms of Male Existence, a "Those" that ANY boy should be exposed to if he is to attain Manhood and the Sanction of "Experienced". 

In that range of motion and e-motion I DID begin to gather Statements of Import from ALL my book sources.  I also kept a detailed Journal of my "day-to-daze" complications, vents and molten discharge.  So guess what ?  After all theses days I STILL find it obscenely difficult to read my own stuff.   I shit you not.  The Pain is so GREAT, I cower. 

If it weren't that I salvage Poetry from my emotional Carnage, I wouldn't finger these volumes at all.

However, my OWN life seems to me to be EXTRA - ORDINARY, my only "Claim to Fame" that of my Life in the Mind-Light Temple in Boston. 

Kid goes to college, gets out, and gets into a Zen Sword Temple.

Not much of a "Life and Times" rendition of Moby Dick.  I do so LOVE Scholasticism, hence, Moby Dork.


No comments:

Post a Comment