Sunday, September 30, 2018

Ladder Lather

It ain't just POURING.  The rain is at "Force Level ELEVEN" ----  just getting the ladder was an Exercise in Exasperation.  The ladder use-to be hung Old Man Nicely, out of the way, out of sight, under the deck...ya' knowl like PERFECT.  Thing is, I hated HOW it was suspended.  I'd used my choker chains because I didn't want to drill I into the 4 By's to screw in the Perfect Brackets I had.  There was just SOMETHING about compromising the 4 X 4.  I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Problem with that was, every time I needed the ladder I had to FUCK-WITH those chains.  You want AGGRAVATION ?????  I GUARANTEED seething frustration, self-loathing, and an INFURIATION of my own LAZINESS that absolutely THRILLED me.  That location had to go.  I had to free up the choker chains.

So ----Where oh where should my dumb ladder go ?
           Oh where oh where should it be ???

Keep in mind it's a 20 foot extension ladder, unwieldy at best, at worst a spinal tap ---- one wrong move and it's vertebral subluxation of the PASS-OUT Sort.  Plus, when I work with my own self-hatred it excites the fuck out of me.  I get so PISSED I can, like, do the work of 20 addled geriatrics. 

Since I needed it for tree work, I had simply dropped it on the ground near the trees I had to work.  Once again, I KNEW BETTER, but I'm so goddamn LA-Z  I couldn't bring myself to position it properly, even though I had a PERFECT PLACE for it, on the chain-link fence that is the rear boundary.  No and FUCK NO, on the ground it went.  It's Aluminum with a nylon rope so what could be the problem ???  Well, WEEDS and BITTERSWEET were the problem, after only a Little While, the ladder had again gotten CHOKED.  ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ??? 

The wind and rain were whipping and ripping my face. 

Good times.....

No comments:

Post a Comment