Sunday, September 30, 2018

Paddy Whack

I rammed the hose, the drain rejecting it forthwith, up and down, ground and pound, it got advance an inch at a time.  Guess what happened ?  Go ahead, GUESS.  The drain was clogged IN DEEP.  Not just A Little.   I had no recourse but to bust it open.  I hammer-fisted it, broke the metal away from the pop-rivets and shit went EVERYWHERE .   I stared as if stupid.   Oh well.  The overflow was NOT deluge-ing the bulkhead doors.   I tried to remove the hose.  Guess what ?  Go ahead, GUESS.  The hose wouldn't slide back out.  I pulled harder.  I pulled so that the entire gutter would collapse in a junk heap where it belonged.  I read my Obituary.  "Steve DeSilva, asshole extraodinaire,  was found dead from pulling his own hose."  It was raining harder now.  

Ya' know Kidz, there should be a fable where the Wisdom-At-The-End is "So don't even think for a SECOND that things CAN'T go 'From BAD to WORSE' ". 

I climbed down, one rung at a time.  I stepped back  mangled drain hooks suspended by hose, swinging back and forth and forth and back and back and forth again.

The ladder seemed a GIANT Exclamation Point.

This Old Man He Played Dumb  He played dumb and did succumb to a nit wit panic attack give the dog a bone, this old man was drenched with foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment