Sunday, September 30, 2018

G-utter Failure

I had all Summer to "adjust" a section of the back gutter that had driven me quite mad.

Now you'd think that any SANE man woulda-just sucked it up, got the extension ladder and have at it, I mean, you'd think.  When I saw it the first time I fucking MARVELD at the level of "Funktitude" generated by the previous owner, who OBVIOUSLY had SEVERE mental gutter deformities.  Instead of a couple of 90 degree hooks, he'd chained SEVERAL 90 degree hooks, pop-riveted them, and fastened them to the end of the gutter WHICH EXTENDED BEYOND THE EDGE OF THE ROOF BY LIKE ABOUT TWENTY INCHES OR SO !!!!   Who does that ?   If he had the time and the money, which he MUST have, instead of "living with" that Gutter Deformity, why not just START OVER, reposition the drain, and the section the gutter to accommodate the new drain hole, get it closer to the wall edges and make it look as it should, NATURAL ?  I mean, you'd think.

I couldn't do it.  I couldn't just fix it the way it SHOULDA BEEN in the First Place.  I must have ENJOYED wanting to ream that asshole a NEW asshole, just on-accounta General Principle.  I met the old owner this Summer Past, he's like a CRAPZILLION years OLD now.  I'd 'a beaten him senseless but I didn't want to get shit all over my fists, and besides, once I'd exchanged pleasantries with him, he SEEMED normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment