Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Lou Holt

                                                                               Prologue

                    I spent yesterday morning and some of the afternoon dismantling and sawing a couple of pallets for fire-wood.  I werqed* on the patio's concrete, in the Sun, at an old man tempo  the one of `work-pause` speciality* [spee she al ih tee].  I was bundled in a Work / Space Suit, my fav, and I had no need  for  thermals .   When  I  'paused'  I  sat  facing  the  Winter Sun, its Warmth actually stinging my face ~~~~~~~~~ .

          Along with what I was werqing on, I was also wurqing* on "The True Nature Of The Modern Day Individual".    Shoshana Zuboff  contends that the "Individual" is more recognized as "End Consumer"---Something of an "End" Result of [Modern Day] Capitalism's present "Influence".   

          Famous Football Coach  Lou Holt  was asked about the difference between Modern Day football players and those of bygone era's.  "Easy" he said, "Modern day guys speak of Rights and Privileges while those of yesteryear spoke of Duties and Obligations."  

No comments:

Post a Comment