Thursday, February 22, 2024

"The First Sentence"

                              Either Sylvia Plath or Virginia Woolf once said, "I've found the first sentence" ... then she turned away from her husband and retired to her study.   

            It may take DAYS to "find the first sentence" .   

            There ARE 'things' "better left unspoken" ...  but then what ?

            I KNOW where these 'things' belong, in my Journal, but again I ask,  then what  ?

            For me, writing acts like a bandage, it stops a pierced Heart from bleeding all over everything .   But I wonder, can MY bandage be of use to Others ?   I mean, is it the bandage or the words ? 

       

             And then there's this "Prison Sentence".......................... .     

No comments:

Post a Comment