Friday, February 2, 2024

The rwiter

                             I'm thinking about writing a poem that begins with this line : "I'm constipated" .   The poem is about not being able to write because there's SO-MUCH to write about that 'daunt' becomes paralysis .   I CERTAINLY don't want to take responsibility for this Winter STALL-sis, I'd much rather claim S.A.D. default .  

             My College "Modern Novels" Professor, Dr. Moynihan, cautioned me about laxing* into melodramatic self-pity .   Here I am .

             I gave up writing poems because I found myself agonizing over just one word --  sometimes for weeks at a time .  2 words :  ridiculous .

             It's not lyke* writing poetry is stupit* --- it isn't--- but for me, it got to be an obsession of self- indulgence ---  to think of myself as a poet was unbearable .  

             

             

             

No comments:

Post a Comment