With regard to "Beliefs" and "Code of Conduct" [Codes of Conduct] my offerings will be Buddhism heavy for reasons easily at hand, {{{I'm a Zen Buddhist}}} . Here's the thing, if you want to become a Philosopher, you gotta start somewhere, so most Students begin at the Beginning of Philosophy, the Greeks, although the Civilization of Sumer has its own Wisdoms, we are gonna leave the Sumerians to theirs, I mean,,,, for now . In the same way that we need a "points of Origin" for Philosophical pursuits so we must have a point of Origin for Planeatarianism . I have taken the "5 Precepts" --- they are "Don't kill, Don't Steal, Avoid Sexual Misconduct, Don't Lie and Don't get drunk" . And then there are the "Paramitas" the Virtues practiced by Bodhisattvas [ Buddhist `Saints` ] and these are , "Generosity, Precepts, Forbearance, Samadhi, Practice, and Wisdom " . Buddhists that want to become Bodhisattvas have "The Four Great Vows" ,
"However innumerable the sentient beings, I vow to save them all .
However inexhaustible the passions, I vow to extinguish them all .
However immeasurable the dharmas, I vow to master them all .
However incomparable the Buddha's Truth, I vow to attain it ."
Grouch Marx once exasperated, "Why a four-year-old could see the problem --- go get a four-year-old because I can't make 'heads or tails' of it ." I can say the same about my 'fix' ---I can't make "heads or tails" of the Code or Codes required to 'Make' a Planeatarian, but still
WE GOTTA TRY !!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment