Sunday, September 27, 2026

The Guiding 'Hand of the Universe'

                                                           Somehow, "IT" got into my head that Sufism could Change Islam .   Probably NOT a coincidence because I figured {and still Figure} that  ZEN could Change {Save} America .   

                              Most of my Gentle Readers know that I studied Islam as a HUGE Part of the [Ancient] Middle East course, while I was a Junior at U.Conn .  Thing with THAT is, we did NOT 'cover' Sufism to any GREAT degree and only precious little has survived the years of 'Away-ment'* .   Several months ago I saw [at a yard sale] a paperback titled,  THE WAY OF THE SUFI , inked by one Idries Shah .  It's a 1970 publication by E.P. Dutton & Co., INC .  and would have been concurrent with my Studies of the Middle East .  Obviously, the Universe set this text in my "Path" for Future Reading and Reference and to refuse the Universe's ----------------------> Suggestion would be an egregious SIN --- I know better than to Refuse what is Offered as {VITALLY} Important but it DID take me some Time to 'get' to it .

                          >>>"IT"<<< was the same for the text I bought {procured} from a Used Book Store on the U.R.I. (University of Rhode Island) Campus years ago .   When I finally 'got' to "IT" I found it to be a V-----A-----S-----T Treasure of Ben Franklin's MIND, manifested as his Writings, of within which, "Poor Richard's Almanac is contained .   So it is with THE WAY OF THE SUFI .   

No comments:

Post a Comment