Tuesday, September 1, 2026

"Nothing comes from Nothing"

                                                           When the Empath sees a one stricken by plight or poverty he addresses "IT" thusly : "There, but for the Grace of God, go I" .   This 'address' is also favored by those of Us In AA , so much so that this Phrase is 'lore' .   We say. "I see myself in his (or her) Plight" : and more common, "That could be ME" .   As a Zen Buddhist Sword'sMan*  I take "IT" to the Mystical :  "That IS me" .   Here now, the Necessity to modify the Phrase :   "There,  but for the Laws of Karma,,  go I" .

                             The thing about the Samaritan is revealing, He has money AND a donkey .   Because he has money he is ABLE TO AFFORD the housing and what ever convalescence the Stricken requires .  HE TRUSTS THE CAREGIVER HE HAS PAID ,  and so moves on toward his destination, we suppose, with the FEELING "He has done the 'Right Thing' ".   Indeed he has, but what about the Rest of Us ?   It may be that we DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY , then what ?   You can see the Problem  and "IT" 's fucking Ugly .

                             Those of Us who are NOT 'Empathic' use this, "Not my Cross to bear", and "IT" 's NOT my concern" and "IT" 's none of my business " .   To be a "Passer-by" is exactly that = to PASS BY as if NOTHING as been seen, viewed or witnessed .   DIFFERENT but still UGLY nonetheless .

                             There's this, If you got nothing, then there's Nothing to give .  I find NO Solace in that .

No comments:

Post a Comment