Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Moses, The Story Teller Feller

                                                           Some things I cannot explain .   I don't feel good this morning, and for some reason the Story of Jacob wrestling with God is on my Mind in an oppressive way .   Yesterday I wrote that God's JOB is to do NOTHING .   There's the Notion that God set things in  motion and that's "IT" .   We've been taught that God "gave" us "Free Will" and this Free Will came at a fucking HUGE Cost ,  Life Itself .    The Argument against That is Strong ---  The Flood, various Plagues,  Pandemics and the like, ALL of "Natural Causes" , and some would Argue --->  "Divine Intervention" .   I "wrestle" with this Shit, maybe THAT'S why the Story of Jacob wrestling with God arrived .   What kind of EGO must I possess if >I< consider myself as Jacob ???????   

                            The Story of Jacob wrestling with God is found in Genesis 32 : 22-32 , and it is both perplexing and bewildering .   The now Famous "Some Guy" appears out of nowhere and begins to wrestle with Jacob throughout the night and stops when dawn arrives .   This "Man" tells Jacob his birth name is GONE that his new name is "Israel" .  Jacob wrestled, instead of Fought, and wrestled while demanding this UNKNOWN HOSTILE "Bless" him .   If you're like me if some guy grabs me and begins to wrestle it ain't likely that I'll ask him to Bless me .   Moses is quite the Story-Teller .

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment