For MANY Years I Studied Ancient Esoteric Christianity and the most prominent Feature of Esoteric Christianity is Gnosticism . Gnosticism is this : "The Direct Experiential Knowledge of the Divine" . I supplement that Definition as follows : The Direct PERSONAL Experience of the Divine . When I read the Original what surfaced immediately was one of the definitions of Zen, "Seeing into one's Self, and the Attainment of Buddhahood ". I tagged Gnosticism with, "The ZEN of Original Christianity" . Check this out from Ibn el-Arabi : "Angels are the powers hidden in the faculties and organs of man" . Note the word "hidden" and that the Sacred "hides" itself in Mystical Teachings . Many of Us, those that consider Zen to be a Journey INTO the Sacred where we can find the so-called "Secret Teachings", regard these Wanderings as MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES , but here is one such Secret : "I draw water, I carry wood" which is frightfully COMMON and as such SHOULD-BE considered nothing more than a trivial task . Those like me consider "IT" a SUPER-HUMAN MIRACLE . I know rite ? "Fucked-up" gets us there .
Another Zen Definition is this : "No dependence of words or letters" . Please read what Shah has written : "Sufis contend that, far from this lore being available in books, a great part of it must be personally communicated by means of interaction between teacher and learner . Too much attention to the written page, they insist, can even be harmful . Here is a further problem; for it appears to oppose the scholar no less than the member of the vast modern literate community who feels, if at times only subconsciously, that all knowledge must surely be available in books. "
Some things are "Too good to be True", this THIS is not among them .
No comments:
Post a Comment