Wednesday, September 16, 2026

The 8 Sufferings + The 5 Desires

                                                           Please accept my apology .  In the Realm of Shit Happens, I was called away from my desk yesterday to attend to details beyond my control, the very definition of "Shit Happens" .   It pleases me GREATLY that my Gentle Readers took some time out of the day to read material I wrote during better days .   I Thank You .

                                Speaking of yesterday :  I had to clear the gutters of storm debris and general shit .  I was on my 20' "Louisville" ladder, [with extension], and as I worked the word ---> Balance arrived .  I bilocated to allow >Balance< to manifest as today's Consideration {Topic} but I did not awaken from last night's sleep to any sort of delivery .  Instead, Suffering arrived, specifically the Buddhist determination that there are Eight Sufferings :   they are ;  "Birth, Old Age, Sickness, Death, Being separated from those you love,  Being  in the presence of those you dislike, Not getting what you desire,  and  The imbalance of the five skandas" [the five Senses] .  

                             You noticed "Not getting what you desire" .   Buddhism recognizes only FIVE Human Desires, they are :  "Desire for material wealth, Desire for sex, Desire for fame, Desire for food, Desire for sleep ."   

                             Recall the 2nd Noble Truth ;  "The Cause of Suffering is DESIRE" .   The Sword Slash is this ;  If we do not Desire, then, we will not Suffer .  Were that "IT" would be that simple .

No comments:

Post a Comment