Monday, August 24, 2026

Humans speak, chickens cluck .

                                                           I must reserve comment on the purport of "Right Speech" for a future date .   I am reluctant to speak about ANYTHING "in Public' because when I get excited I st-st-st-stutter .   In fact, when I was a kid I ENRAGED my Mother because I talked so fast .  She would scold ; 

                                     "Speak  s---l---o---w---l---y and e--n--u--n--c--i--a--t--e your words !!"   

                        My Mom had barely a sixth grade education, her use of >enunciate< was a mind-fuck .


                             I will use Confucius for a kwik summation of the First Three of the 8-Fold Nobel Path .

        "There are three things a gentleman, in following The Way, places above all the rest :   from every attitude, every gesture that he employs he must remove all trace of violence or arrogance ;   every look that he composes in his face must betoken good faith ;  from every word that he utters, from every intonation he must remove all trace of coarseness and impropriety..."  [ 8:4   The Analects] .  

                                         This is me .   I am this .


                                                      Tare Forward and Keep the Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment