Yesterday when I pulled away from my machine I didn't feel good . Completing my Effort with a quote from Shakespeare I THOUGHT would be sufficient closing . I was rwong* . While eating b-fast I remembered a better quote and it was from Dr. Joseph Campbell . Here it is :
"The Problem of the Hero going to meet the Father is to open his Soul beyond terror to such a degree that he will be ripe to understand how the sickening and insane tragedies of this vast and ruthless cosmos are completely validated in 'Majesty of Being' . The Hero transcends life with its peculiar blind-spot and for a moment rises to glimpse the Source . "
The Ability to "open one's Soul" --- what does that even MEAN ? And Further, what, exactly, is "The Majesty of Being" ?? MANY years have elapsed since I began studying Dr. Campbell's Work, shit I would NEVER even DARE to question has arrived . I can preach that, as Planetarians, we MUST be able to "Open OUR Souls" but exactly HOW the fuck DO WE DO that ? And, as far as "Majesty of Being" goes is there some Definition to aid Us in our Efforts to bring each one of US >>TOGETHER<< that we may Experience "Shared Commonalities" and Tread on "Common Ground" ? How are we to Solve the Problem of the Hero ???????
No comments:
Post a Comment