Monday, August 24, 2026

Sky-Mind

                                                           "Right Thoughts" can also be "Right Thinking" .   The late Zen Master Seung Sahn Taught ;  "Thoughts are like clouds, they appear and disappear ."   'Right Thinking' is something different .   I am "of the Mind" to consider that >Thinking< should be regarded as "Questioning" as in, "Right Questioning" ---but be aware that this 'Notion' is specific to MY "Perceptual Reality" .   I have been harangued for Thinking as opposed to being praised for "NOT" Thinking .  Indeed the GOAL of Sword Training is to literally "CUT" Thinking by disabling the so-called {by me} Thought Mechanism, THAT  which is responsible for Thought production .   Elsewhere I have likened Thinking to BREATHING, just as it is completely normal not to think about Breathing, I suggest it is completely normal to think without thinking of thinking .   One of my AA buddies, stymied this :  "I stay awake thinking about  NOT thinking ."   I LOVE THAT  .  TOOO funny .

                           Zen Master Seung Sahn Taught "Don't Know Mind" as >an< Essence of Zen .   Enlightenment, He Taught, could be expressed by manifesting this "Don't Know Mind" .  We ask a Question because we "Don't Know" and as a result we find an answer that results in >DO< >Know< .   The SPACE between the Question and Answer is "Don't Know" ----> SPACE .   This SPACE MUST-BE Considered EQUAL to "Emptiness" which is the Goal for the Adept that seeks Enlightenment .  

                          Right THINKING means to Think without ATTACHMENT to Thinking, as clouds come and go so it must be with the Thoughts produced by Thinking .   Simply let them arise and dissipate without clinging to them .  We must TRY and keep our Sky (Mind) Clear .   

No comments:

Post a Comment