Saturday, August 29, 2026

Miss Creant

                                                           Deeper into the Film ("Good Will Hunting") there is a flash scene of  man rowing a 'single skull' on a pacific Charles River (in Boston) .   The scene is one of rhythmic motion and athletic Bliss, the exact OPPOSITE of  "the man in a rowboat at sea during a storm" .  Peace has been achieved by Robin, the Director makes CERTAIN that the CHANGE is witnessed by the Audience .  

                          The Struggle of Existence and all its Sufferings have been temporarily Suspended ,  Robin strides forth in the Confidence that HE is "In the Right" and that it is Damon who must now Change .

                           I have been ACUTELY Aware that Buddhism and especially ZEN Buddhism has not found "footing" in the American Society and Culture when "IT" was received with BEAUTY in so many other Countries .  

                           Zen Men, Zen Monks, and Zen Ministers were able to "take" the Existing Religious Deities and `absorb` [assimilate] them into Zen where they were given ALL Due Respect and even Veneration because they were considered Appropriate for Zen and ITS "World View" .   This THIS did NOT take place in America and I gotta Confess yet again, that what was Successful in the Past was UN-Successful in the Present and I was convinced that this FAILURE was the Result of piss-poor Planning, meaning,  NO REGARD was awarded to Existing Deities, those of Judaic, Catholic, Protestant and dare I include Islam .   To this hodgepodge add the FAILURE to use American Pop Culture, including the Realms of Music, TV and Film to advance even the simplest Ideas of Traditional Buddhism and Modern-Day Zen .   I figured, had they done THAT Buddhism and ZEN would be Valued by the American Populace in a similar fashion as  the OTHER Spiritual Paths .  

                           I had an AX to grind and a SWORD to hone .   Believe it .

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment