I have changed my Mind . Instead of a pedantic overall view of various Meditations I will simply describe those dear to me . Please forgive an old man for his self-indulgence.
I was one who went to a Zen Temple to Meditate with its Sangha , don't misunderstand, I already knew the correct posture blah, blah, blah, but i went because I wanted to FEEL what-ever Connection the Universe offered . First, I LOVED the Chanting, Music of this Nature has a >CLEANSING< that is received not only by the Mind, but by the Heart and SOUL as well . That's just one of the advantages to communal Practice . Elsewhere I have described Meditation as being similar to taking a shower, [It] as a {Ritual} form of Mental Hygiene . This is Truth , I need you to Trust me with this Teaching .
There IS "Walking Zen" but it is specific to Mantra Recitation, meaning, with each and every step, a Mantra is recited . The Mantra itself is an Agency that dys-ables* the Thinking Mechanism, which allows Sensory Input to be received and NOT 'held' ; we say, "Water over a ducks back", which is PERFECT. We Want THAT . For my present Purpose I will offer that the Mantra that IS my "Default" Mind is "Kwanseum Bosal" the Korean name for Avalokiteshvara also know as "Sound That Illumines the World" and this interpretation--> "He Who Hears The Outcries Of The World". "He" is the One of "Everybody Before Me" a reference to His disposition, that of refusing to enter Nirvana UNTIL All Beings Attain Enlightenment . I Love Him in EVERY Sense of Devotion and Piety . Here now, Every step a Kwanseum Bosal step, every breath a Kwanseum Bosal Breath, every Blink a Kwanseum Bosal blink . Yes "IT" is THAT Extensive, THAT Deep and THAT Profound .
One word ; IT WORKS !
No comments:
Post a Comment