I have been accused of being an "Ancestor Worshiper" because of my extensive use of the works of Ancient Authors . I wear that Accusation as a "Badge of Honor" . The word 'worship' is, in my view, too strong . I admit that I DO use the Ancients to give Richness and Texture to my words, I DO use them as reinforcement, I DO Use them to strengthen my own Arguments, Contentions, and Challenges , and I do so because the words of an aging Sword'sMan may not be enough to find acceptance among Modern Readers . Even the greatest of the Ancient Sages spoke of THEIR Ancients with Veneration, I VENERATE the Ancient Sages, and have modelled my Life around THEIR Understanding(s) of Life . Theirs is a PURE Reality, uncomplicated by modern-day sensory bombardment . Even one of the Greatest Sages, Lao Tzu, spoke of "The Clear Mind(s) of the Ancients" . When the Late Great Zen Master Seung Sahn spoke of achieving {attaining} a "Clear Mind, which is Clear like space" I BELIEVED I had "found a home" in Modern Day Zen .
A "Clear Mind" is needed to address issues and solve problems . A muddled Mind is fucking useless in such critical endeavors : we often hear, "Things are so fucked up, I can't think straight". The Condition of "fucked-up" is one of Chaos, and even {perhaps} Confusion . Our Minds are similar to a cyclone or tornado, where thoughts swirl around at such a TREMENDOUS velocity that they cannot be 'grasped' by the Waking Consciousness, and instead of being grasped, their velocity causes a 'sickening' that causes a paralysis, both of Mind and Body = We don't know what to do, so we do nothing . We grudgingly admit, "Things are out of control" but sub Consciously, we add, so I CAN'T do anything . We've all "Been There and Done That" , we must conclude that "IT" is part of Human Nature and Species Behavior .
No comments:
Post a Comment