I must reiterate ; I am attempting to Modernize Buddha's 8-Fold Nobel Path so as to make it more 'palatable' for us Moderns . Palatable refers to 'taste' , however I DON'T want you to "eat my words" and I surely don't want to "eat' my own words either . Thing is, my words ARE "for consumption", indeed, Zen Master Seung Sahn used "Mind Meal" as "Food for Thought" and I will steal this THIS from Him . My words then become "Food for Thought"--- I can live with That .
The Fifth of the Buddhist Rights is "Right Life" better translated as Right Livelihood . Livelihood refers to one's Job, one's Career, one's "what I do for a living" . Many of Us find ourselves at a job we fucking HATE , especially in the Early Years of paycheck acquisition . I mean, to awaken each morning HATING to go to work, how can ANYBODY live with that ?? And yet many Americans and workers around the Planet do so ; worse, they do nothing to alter their self-impose Predicament . They remain in a Prison of their own Creation . Folks describe themselves as "Wasting Away", being "Stuck" in a Job they HATE, but WHY don't the even TRY to "get out" and seek work more suitable to their psychological disposition ? I don't get "IT" ---never have .
The Best explanation I have read about "Right Livelihood" is quite simple ; Find and keep (a) the job that that helps reveal Who you are and of What you are made . Right Livelihood is a Condition in which you continually "find out" about your --->Self .
Recall what appears to be a "Cosmic Absolute" : YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO . Do not shirk from this searing Iron, do not flatter yourself by expressing "This is just a job, it ain't me or who I am . " >>>>>>>>>>>>> YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO <<<<<<<<<<<< .
One's Job DEFINES One's Existence . "Own It" .
No comments:
Post a Comment